There are countless software companies on the West Coast, but Comevo – based in San Luis Obispo – is one of a kind. Agile, innovative and responsive to our clients’ changing needs, our approach is simple. We collaborate. We communicate. And we create software – communication software for institutions throughout North America – that is elegant, engaging and effective.
What makes us truly special? It is the character of each person – the individual skills, talents and personalities – that constitutes the essence of our company.
To continue providing our clients with software and service that are absolutely first class, we keep a constant lookout for innovative, industrious individuals who want to be part of strong, diverse, productive team.
There are no benchwarmers at Comevo: everyone gets to play in every game. Our size – and our positive, professional and rewarding corporate culture – affords each employee the opportunity to make a significant impact on the company’s success. Your voice will be heard. Your contributions will count. And your efforts will be rewarded.
“ If you are considering a post-grad position in sales, or are just looking for a fun, intelligent atmosphere to work in part time, then I would highly suggest working at Comevo. The skills I have learned throughout the training and day-to-day work has given me invaluable inbound/outbound sales experience going forward. Furthermore, the team and collaborative work environment makes work enjoyable each week, which is rare for opportunities around here, and has been the most important attribute of Comevo for me working part time.” Jack Micco- Sales Associate
Check out our Candidate Referral Program.
Positions Currently Listed:
Comevo, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
**Hybrid position that is based in San Luis Obispo County**
The Systems Administrator will act as a single point of contact for all internal Information Technology assets and all external applications running on our cloud-based environment. You will oversee and be responsible for the successful direction, planning, organization and control of all IT initiatives and the effective, efficient, and secure operation and maintenance of Comevo’s internal systems. In addition, you will be responsible for the daily maintenance of our critical applications and services to prevent any service interruptions for our clients. You will work directly with the product manager(s), development team, architect solutions based on needs, and integrate multiple applications. This position must be extremely comfortable with operational software such as Zoho, Office 365, Active Directory, AWS and others listed below.
- Execute – Work with the Service Delivery Manager to define and execute plans to deploy new systems, tools & technology for our internal and external needs and ensure smooth adoption of these deployments.
- Vision – Provide technology strategic planning, enable innovation, understand technology trends that can create business value, project roadmaps and budgets that affect both internal and external needs.
- Partner – Responsible for managing vendor and partner relationships.
- Integrate – Ensure coordination and integration of workflow with all operational areas and serve as a key liaison with the business leaders of the organization for both internal and external needs.
- Continuity – Manage the maintenance of all company hardware whether in the office or remote.
- Adapt – Expand, maintain and customize Zoho software suite.
- Improve – Achieve measurable improvements in the organization’s capabilities and effectiveness to perform against expanding workloads and demands for services.
- Influence – Exercise influence across the company in the areas of operational excellence and scale.
- Evaluate – Review and update current internal and external security and risk management programs including establishing the appropriate policies, trainings, programs, and contingency/continuity plans.
- Budget – Work within the yearly budgets to actively seek company solutions that are efficient and economical.
- Strive – Seek to improve customer satisfaction levels for internal and external clients.
- Deployment – Work with development team to deploy any new releases of our software.
- Support – Provide clients with Cloud Services support as needed.
- Research – Evaluate new technology trends balancing the need for technology with a desire to innovate.
- Grow – Participate in the definition of the organizational structure of the team as we grow.
- Monitor – Monitor third party services (JangoSMTP, JWPlayer, Froola, JungleDisk, plus others)
- Maintenance – Upkeep of domain registrations, SSL certificates, server and database optimization.
- Plus – Other duties as assigned.
- Ring Central
- Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Amazon Web Services (specifically EC2, VPC, S3, Route 53, Lambda, CloudWatch)
- Cloud File backup procedures including JungleDisk
- Bulk SMTP services including JangoSMTP
- Video streaming services including JWPlayer
- Single Sign-on (SSO) including Shibboleth and Auth0
- Microsoft IIS
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Plus others
Qualifications & Skills
- Scale – Experienced in providing mature and scalable IT services, preferably with a SaaS company, managing Enterprise Systems and infrastructure.
- Certifications – prefer AWS Certified Solutions Architect or MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Certified Solutions Expert.
- Knowledge – Demonstrated understanding of the following IT domains/controls: security administration, technology change management, data management, business continuity & disaster recovery, operations & problem management, and asset management. Requires advanced networking knowledge and knowledge of messaging architecture.
- Technology – Understand APl’s, SSO (Shibboleth preferred), web security, cloud computing, AWS, Azure, Application Hosting (Microsoft .NET preferred) systems and architecture, networking systems, bandwidth and overall internet infrastructure.
- Design – Created the workflows associated with various department/company business processes caring about best-practices and promoting them with the team.
- Strategic – Proven strategic thinker and experience leading complex projects.
- Prioritize – Able to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Evaluate – Evaluated technology solutions, selected technology vendors, negotiated contracts related to technology purchases, and maintained relationships with technology vendors.
- Research – Passion for understanding, evaluating, and learning new technologies.
- Values – Respect and share our values.
- Lead – Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to interact effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels, both internal and external.
- Organize – Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to plan, document, implement and manage multiple projects simultaneously within inflexible time frames, as well as the ability to deal with priority changes.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Monthly Wellness benefit
- Matching Retirement plan
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
Hours: 40 hours per week
This is a hybrid position, not 100% remote. Candidate must be in the San Luis Obispo general area.