To start Remote Desktop on the computer you want to work from
1. Open Remote Desktop Connection by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Remote Desktop Connection, and then, in the list of results, click Remote Desktop Connection.
2. Click on “Show Options” in the lower left-hand corner of the Remote Desktop Connection window. This will expand the window to show more options.
3. In the expanded window, there will be tabs at the top. Go to the “Advanced” tab by clicking on it.
4. Once you are on the “Advanced” tab, click on the “Settings” button in the lower half of the Remote Desktop Connection window.
5. Once you are in the setting screen, make sure the settings match identically to the screenshot below. Once the information is entered and matches the screenshot, click “OK”.
6. Clicking “OK” will send you back to the Remote Desktop Connection window, you will now select the “General” tab. You will now enter your computer name in the “Computer” field. For the username, you will type in “COMEVO\yourfirstname.yourlastname”, for example (COMEVO\tom.hanks) and then click on “Connect”. Please send an e-mail to “email@example.com” to receive your computer name.
7. Clicking on “Connect” will send you to a screen that will ask for your password. Enter the password that you use to login to your machine. You will now attempt to connect to your machine.
8. You will likely receive a certificate notification, go ahead and click on “Yes”.
9. You should now be connected to your work machine.
Please let us know if you have any questions by sending an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org“.